AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done about 4 months of research, and after killing myself over the decision I've decided to go with the 34 inch XS955 from Sony. However, ordering online would be just about my only option as none of the local stores carry it.

I've found this set, with no taxes and free shipping on Tweeter for $1448, pretty much the best deal I've found from a site that's actually known.

My question is, has anyone ordered from them before? I never have and would just like to know about their reliablity, and how difficult they are if something were to happen to my set during shipping.

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I looked them up on resellerratings and they did not get good reviews, but you might have better luck than those people...

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have dealt with Tweeter since the 80's; never a problem.

Edited: Also never by mail; always face to face in at least 5 locations.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I have purchased several items from Tweeter (but none by mail), however the in store purchases and any follow up issues were handled in a very proffesional manner.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Crutchfield's got it in stock. It's a bit more at $1,699, but shipping and in-home delivery is free. They have a great reputation.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I ordered a Denon receiver from Tweeter a month ago. It arrived on time and I have had no problem.

You will have to log on to their website in order to track your shipment. They did not send me an e-mail confirming the shipment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks guys. Seems like I should be okay to pursue them. The closest one to me is 170 miles so I don't think that's too likely of an option haha.

I would have gone Crutchfield, but 200 bucks is a decent amount to save, and use elsewhere considering I'll purchase a Sony warranty, stand etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.