AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have been in the stores for over a week now, I have seen one personaly on display, but thus far not a single soul has posted a review of this set!! Most of the time by now you see many posts giving details of how the set looked picture quality etc.. Could someone that has the set please give your impressions and maybe start an owners thread so people like me that are waiting for some reviews to trickle in before taking the plunge can see some feedback on this new set... I like many others am on the fence as to rather buy the new set or go with last years. All I have seen regarding the new set thus far is one complaining of bowing of the picture especially if you touch the frame and one said they were cheaply made however these could be sony fanboys just flaming the set with nothing to back up their claims.. Looking foward to some reviews am itching to buy a new DLP have it between the Samsung HLT5076S or HLS5089 just want some info to help me with my choice. Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! Just got my set last night. so far no regrets. Saw it at Circuit City running Superman Returns on Blu Ray and decided to upgrade on the spot.

There is some bowing if you put pressure on the top of the frame, BUT there is a sticker there that says to not put any components on top of the TV............. The bezel around the set is really thin, much lower profile than the Sony A10 I'm upgrading from.

Colors look amazing, haven't played with it too much, lots of settings and tweaks to mess with. Upscaled movie looked good last night, tivo series 3 looks great.

Let me know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Saw it in the store along side a new Sony 1080P and a Mitsubishi DLP and it stood out as the winner. Played with the remote as long as I could. Lots of tweaks. Looks like a winner. And it will fit where your other 50 inch sets won't. 10+ inches deep for a projection!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.