AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know the type of tubes used in the Cine 9 so Im looking for a "9" owner to check them out for me. I believe they are LUG tubes but its the phosphors im interested in especially in the green gun.

Anyone ?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
The two 909s I have seen were p19lugs red and blue and pt-22 green (these were used for as regular training projectors not simulation). Not quite the answer to your question but given the rarity of any instance of a 9 series Barco I don't think you will get too many answers.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I have quantity three of the BarcoReality 909 projectors in my place right now. I will be glad to pop the tops and get numbers for you tomorrow. But I am fairly sure they are P19LUG for the improved focus. What I am not sure of are the suffixes or other markings which may indicate phosphor type, and since I own all three of these I am not afraid to dig around and get numbers off the tubes (but if they were here on loan from a customer, of course I would not do it). They are super-low hour original Barco tubes, not rebuilts, so markings should be accurate.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Skyforum. You should find the phosphor type at the end of the code ie PLUG43 for the slower phosphor or PT22 for the quicker phosphor which you may find on the green tube.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ray

Ihave seen the brochure but there is some doubt over the green tube being an LUG

·
Registered
498 Posts

Have you tried contacting Henry or James @ crtprojectors.co.uk, one of those two should kno the answer to your question. Henry might even have a cine9 in stock.

Hope this helps

Regards James

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

I figured you had probably seen the brochure. I just installed a green P19LUG (from 1209s) in my Ampro 4600. I'll be glad to supply the number if it's of any help.

Ray

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yes it uses P19LUG.

I've got a rather nice green one laying around it's a P19LUG43HKA though.

...Wait a minute...

Are PT22 tubes LUG's as well?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi

No, but a PT22 can either be a Slow or a fast Phosphor.

On Mine there is written PT22-19 and it is a P43

regards

Thomas

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi

No, not for the Marquee, see above

I still dont know if there are green LUGs without P43.

you have to found somebody with an orginal Cine9 to have a look. a 909 could be fitted with different Tubes, but i am sure that Barco dont sell the Cine9 with P43

I have some Fotos from a Cine9 green Tube but unfortunatly i cant read what is written there.

regards

Thomas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.