AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking at getting a Marantz AV560(New in box) with remote for $430US. If anyone has this Pre/Pro I would appreciate your feedback. And does anyone think the Pre/Pro is worth the money being asked? I know the remote goes for $150+ so iwould be getting the unit for about $280. My reason for getting it is to replace my Denon 1801 which is currently hooked upto my Rotel RMB1066 AMP. This would complete my move to seperates for about $50US after selling the receiver. Any info would be appreciated.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used to have a seperate Marantz Pre Amp and Digital Processor combo (AV-600 and DP-870) I was very pleased with the performance of the Marantz gear. For the price, it will definitly be a step above your present Denon. I have installed a Marantz AV560 for my inlaws, combined with a Carver AV-705 amp. They are very happy with their set up. Both of us upgraded to Marantz form Adcom pre amps. FYI we got the AV560 used for $400 last year. So a new in box unit for $430 is a good deal.

Good Luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
I currently own one. The only negatives I have to say about the Marantz is that it doesn't offer 6 channel inputs. And a personal negative (yours and others may differ) is that if selecting "small" for the speaker setting the crossover is at 100hz. I would have preferred 80hz for this. Not a problem if you have large fronts.

Performance wise the AV560 sounds great in DD and DTS, very detailed with smooth pans. As far as critical listening in 2 channel, I believe it to be about as good as your going to get for the price you quoted. I prefer the DACs in the Marantz compared to my Panasonic A310. The remote is a real treat and has high WAF (one cluttering the coffee table instead of 5).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.