AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TC-P65S1 on preorder and I know they are shipping from Panasonic this month but don't know if they have started shipping yet.

My issue is that I want to hang it from the ceiling but the company that makes the mounts I have used for my other 50" plasmas (and am happy with so I want to use for this one too) doesn't know what adaptor plate to use with the ceiling mount since they don't have the specs yet. They asked me to measure the mounting screw holes on the back and get back to them, but I can't do that until I get the TV.

I have tried unsuccessfully to get this information from Panasonic customer service, so I'm hoping maybe someone actually has one of these and would be willing to do me the favor of measuring the distance between the mounting holes? Or, if you also have a TC-P65V10, can tell me if the mounting screw holes are the same (they do have the adaptor for the V10 shown on their website so I could use that one if they are the same)

The reason I want to try to do this now rather than waiting until I have the TV is because I really want to have it up for the start of football season, which is only 2 1/2 weeks off. Its going to be pretty tight as it is if my TV doesn't ship until the end of the month, so if I could have the ceiling mount ready to go it would speed things up greatly.

Crossing my fingers and hoping someone already has one of these in their hot little hands!!!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
contact one of the avs forum sponsors Chris at Cleveland Plasma. he shows them in stock. If he doesn't have one in store open to check he might can get the info or put you in contact with a customer he has shipped to already.

Most manufacturers stay consistent with mounting hole dimension/spacing. so it's probably the same as the 65pz850, 65UK11 and older 65" panny models but best to ask Chris and be sure.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 /forum/post/17024794

Most manufacturers stay consistent with mounting hole dimension/spacing. so it's probably the same as the 65pz850, 65UK11 and older 65" panny models but best to ask Chris and be sure.

FWIW, Panasonic has substantially changed the mounting hole spacing on the 42"/46"/50" 12G models - the holes are now much closer together and lower than on all the previous models so it's very possible that the same will hold true with the new 58" and 65" 12G models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.