AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if these are left anywhere but if someone could point me in the right direction to somewhere that may still have these in stock it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts
Check your local Borders or Barnes and Noble

·
Registered
501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcallister /forum/post/12876894

Not sure if these are left anywhere but if someone could point me in the right direction to somewhere that may still have these in stock it would be greatly appreciated.

I have found some of the individual discs at Borders. I had to look around at several Borders stores to get all the discs I wanted. However, most often there is no indication anywhere on the package that they are SACDs. The only way to know they are SACDs is because they are in "digipacks," the cardboard cases, and they are labeled on the back of the package: ABKCO Records, 2002. The SACDs are stereo only.

That being said, the DSD remastered discs are more widely available. The sound quality on these CDs is almost as good as the SACDs. The CDs are easy to identify. They are in the plastic jewel cases and are clearly labeled, DSD remastered.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maphiker /forum/post/12882716

I have found some of the individual discs at Borders.

They (Borders, Barnes and Nobles, etc.) usually keep the box sets in a special locked shelf, so check there, too. I saw the box within the last 3 or 4 months at Borders.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
There WAS a Stones SACD box set, however the ones currently available at retail no longer include SACD. I missed the SACD set when it was available - unfortunately - so assume the only recourse now is to overpay on ebay!

·
Registered
5,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ore /forum/post/12981510

There WAS a Stones SACD box set, however the ones currently available at retail no longer include SACD.

I appreciate the response, but are we talking about a box set that has ALL SACDs or the one that has only the one disk and all of the rest were Redbook?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler /forum/post/12998681

I appreciate the response, but are we talking about a box set that has ALL SACDs or the one that has only the one disk and all of the rest were Redbook?

Yes, the 2002 remasters (in digipaks) were dual layer CD/SACD and were available either separately or as a box set. I never bought it so could not tell you exactly which albums were in the set, but they were ALL SACD. I also believe - somebody correct me if not - the SACDs were 2.0 rather than 5.1?

You can buy the individual CD/SACD albums on Ebay, although I do not currently see the full SACD box set.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
The SACD's were stereo only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts