AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rebate form said to allow 10-12 weeks for shipment of the rebate check. I sent mine by certified mail on 8/7/01. Tomorrow will be 14 weeks. Have people been getting their checks? If so, how many weeks did it take?

- Chris

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Chris, I mailed mine in on 8/12/01. Not by certified mail though but in September or October I checked a web link which gave the rebate status. I was listed on the site so I decided to cool my heels. I should have noted that site URL but I was included in one of the Samsung rebate posts here a awhile back.

I must admit I've been wondering about this of late.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Garrett,

Thanks for mentioning that there was a way to check this online. I found the post. Here's the URL:

http://209.69.149.201/egcheckstatus/checkstatus.asp

Mine still says "Request in Progress". I'm going to try sending e-mail to [email protected] and see why it's been 14 weeks and I don't have my check yet.

I'd still like to know if anyone has actually received theirs.

- Chris

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you haven't gotten your rebate yet, there is hope. I got mine this week, after waiting about 3 months. I was anxious since there was no record of the rebate on the web site mentioned above, but my named had been misspelled.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just received this reply to my e-mail:

Quote:
Chris,

Your request was logged in 10/2 and the normal processing time after that is about 8-10 weeks.

Karen
So it took about 8 weeks just to get "logged" and could take 10 more weeks after that. I replied saying that this sounds like a scam to me. Even the 12 weeks seems like a scam since they have the use of our money for all that time, but that's what's on the form, so I'm sure it's legal. Stretching the 12 weeks to 18, however, has to be illegal. I'm glad that we'll at least be getting our hundreds bucks, but I just hate these things where they rip lots of people off each for an amount that isn't worthwhile for anyone to go after them for.

- Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.