AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who got a ps3 at christmas received there free blu-ray movies from the offer yet?

Or can someone who did the offer earlier who has there movies give me an idea of how long it took for them to arrive?

I wish there was a way to confirm they received my order and were processing it.

·
Registered
246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by llanelwy /forum/post/12920946

Has anyone who got a ps3 at christmas received there free blu-ray movies from the offer yet?

Or can someone who did the offer earlier who has there movies give me an idea of how long it took for them to arrive?

I wish there was a way to confirm they received my order and were processing it.

here's the website link

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mine took exactly 5 weeks.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I send the recipt and everithing in oct. and Last week I received a letter telling me that there is a delay and my movies should arrived 2/8/08.

·
Registered
400 Posts

Quote:
I send the recipt and everithing in oct. and Last week I received a letter telling me that there is a delay and my movies should arrived 2/8/08.

Same here... what I found amusing about the letter is that is said I can cancel my rebate at any time if I do not want to wait. Probably canned text that applies more to an actual purchase where the products are on back-order. Still funny.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I sent in mine 2 or 3 days after Christmas and my information never showed up on that site (still doesn't) so eventually I called them to check on my order and they told me they were in processing (I forgot to ask for a expected ship date)

Their # is (800) 723-4763 if you want to call

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by llanelwy /forum/post/12920946

You only got it at Christmas are are already expecting the discs?

The truth is the Fall promotion is being filled much, much, much faster than the Sumemr one so you probably won't have to wait too long, probably 4-5 weeks. But you should know that is considered lightning fast by the standards of this program. I finally got mine this week. I sent my rebate in at the beginning of October. And that is a common length for the fall promotion... Not to mention, they substituted two of my movies with crap titles I didn't ask for and if you read the fine print they reserve the right to do this. So don't automatically expect to get what you send in for...

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouscuban /forum/post/12921302

Same here... what I found amusing about the letter is that is said I can cancel my rebate at any time if I do not want to wait. Probably canned text that applies more to an actual purchase where the products are on back-order. Still funny.

Yeah the opt-out was insulting. But the postcards mean nothing. There are a couple other threads on this over at the Blu-ray software forum and basically everyone who got the postcards ends up getting the discs before that date. Some had the discs show up before the postcard even. Mine said 2/22 but I got my titles this week.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sent mine in around teh 15th of December. Nothing yet...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I read a post over in the blu-ray software section, generalizing here, that a poster received his blu-ray rebate discs, then took them ALL to Best Buy and exchanged them (free). Anyone heard of this? If it's true, i'm also gonna try it. I bought my ps3 at best buy, so shouldnt be any problems (if its true).

·
Registered
88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Steve /forum/post/12921757

I read a post over in the blu-ray software section, generalizing here, that a poster received his blu-ray rebate discs, then took them ALL to Best Buy and exchanged them (free). Anyone heard of this? If it's true, i'm also gonna try it. I bought my ps3 at best buy, so shouldnt be any problems (if its true).

would be real nice if this was true. I still have some in their shrink wrap.

as far as how long it takes to receive your movies, it is obviously a lot faster now than when the offer first started. I sent my rebate in August and did not receive my movies till late Nov./early Dec.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If Best Buy stills sells the titles and the SKU is the same, they will probably give you an exchange or a store credit. However, if you have returned anything in the last year without a receipt, they won't allow it. An easy way around this though is to bring someone that hasn't returned anything without a receipt with you and have them make the exchange.

I know this because I had a crap load of DVD's that I never opened. Some were purchased at Best Buy but many I got through my wife and other friends who work for the Studios, through their employee purchase. My local Best Buy wouldn't do it. So we went to the one in Burbank and they allowed my wife and I to each return $100 worth of DVD's, for a store credit of course. Some were older titles that didn't show up in their inventory system so they didn't take those back.

BTW, I turned around and spent the credits and them some on stuff in BB. From what I understand, the Burbank store is a bit more flexible with exchanges of DVD's because I think the Studio employees do this often.

·
Registered
151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th shadow /forum/post/12922975

would be real nice if this was true. I still have some in their shrink wrap.

as far as how long it takes to receive your movies, it is obviously a lot faster now than when the offer first started. I sent my rebate in August and did not receive my movies till late Nov./early Dec.

best buy is POSSIBLE, depending on the store. some stores have the list of titles you can get free and wont do a return without a receipt, but like i said, it depends on the store.

the only absolute FAIL SAFE i've found is Borders. They have a return policy outlining non-receipt items to give you a gift card, and they gladly do it. i returned 4 of my 5 free blu-rays, and 4 of my 5 free hd-dvd's. the best part is, the in-store prices at borders is ridiculously overpriced, so in general, a blu-ray will get you a gift card for around $34-$43. And those gift cards work on amazon.com since borders outsources them as their website. amazon has some of the best deals around on blu-rays, and a few horrible blu-ray titles become a great collection.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Mine took 4.5 months. Bought my ps3 back in August and got the discs early Jan. One choice I had they ran out of so they stuck in Happy Feet instead (ugh).

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouscuban /forum/post/12923314

If Best Buy stills sells the titles and the SKU is the same, they will probably give you an exchange or a store credit. However, if you have returned anything in the last year without a receipt, they won't allow it. An easy way around this though is to bring someone that hasn't returned anything without a receipt with you and have them make the exchange.

I know this because I had a crap load of DVD's that I never opened. Some were purchased at Best Buy but many I got through my wife and other friends who work for the Studios, through their employee purchase. My local Best Buy wouldn't do it. So we went to the one in Burbank and they allowed my wife and I to each return $100 worth of DVD's, for a store credit of course. Some were older titles that didn't show up in their inventory system so they didn't take those back.

BTW, I turned around and spent the credits and them some on stuff in BB. From what I understand, the Burbank store is a bit more flexible with exchanges of DVD's because I think the Studio employees do this often.

What do they base the credit price on? How would they know if you got it on sale or not -- it might be selling full retail for $35 now but have been $20 for some week? With clothing stores if you return without a receipt they give you the lowest price they have sold it for within the last year.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas /forum/post/12921450

You only got it at Christmas are are already expecting the discs?

The truth is the Fall promotion is being filled much, much, much faster than the Sumemr one so you probably won't have to wait too long, probably 4-5 weeks. But you should know that is considered lightning fast by the standards of this program. I finally got mine this week. I sent my rebate in at the beginning of October. And that is a common length for the fall promotion... Not to mention, they substituted two of my movies with crap titles I didn't ask for and if you read the fine print they reserve the right to do this. So don't automatically expect to get what you send in for...

Which movies did you not get?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mailed mine mid-December and received the movies mid January.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used the summer promotion. Sent the receipt and stuff about mid September and finally recieved them on Dec. 20th. Waaaaaaay too long in my opinion. On the other hand, I can't argue with free blurays!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts