1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace 52" RPCRT.

Would like the following"

42"-55"

NON glare shield (or easily removeable glossy one)

Standard TV Looks great/ As good as regular NTSC CRT (even if HD does not)

This is important as there is too much Digital and/or analog TV that is NOT HD and may never be within the next few years anyway, Even DVD is standard and should look great. My experience with looking around is the Standard TV signals (not usually shown in the stores) look terrible. Worse then my 10 year old Toshiba!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the Panasonic PT47X54 but it has a screen protector on it, I've never tried to take it off. I remember from when I sold them that Mitsubishi sets come with a screen protector but you have to put it on when you get it so that might work for you.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
It can be quite difficult to find the Panasonic X54 series.

Easier to find are the Sony WS520 (no tuner), WS655 (tuner) or Hitachi F710 (tuner) models. You might be able to still find a Hitachi F510. All of these are available in a 51" size. All of these are good quality sets. Don't know how hard it is to take off the protective screens.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sears is selling the Tosh 46H84 for below $1000. My father in law bought this set 6 months ago and it has a pretty good picture. It definitely needs a little basic tweaking but I dont want to mess with his TV because hes loving it just the way it is:). It doesnt have any built in QAM or ATSC tuners though. Also not sure if the protective screen comes off or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the mitsu 48 & up screens remove really easy. 'bout the first thing i did to my 55. main

reason i bought it. now if i can find out how to do same to 46 sony.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.