AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I missed it but seems like CES reporting isnt happening like it was in previous years.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Robert of Value Electronics (forum sponsor) was to arrive at CES yesterday (for pre-show meetings)...I'm surprised he has not posted as yet.

Most likely too busy, but I'm sure we'll hear from him soon.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Should have been there two weeks ago - blizzard, freezing and 58 was a dream....
Awaiting your impressions!!!

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts
I searched Tivo for CES and it revealed that the G4 channel is showing coverage of Day 1 and Day 2. Day 1 will be shown on Thursday Jan 8 at 6:00 pm PST, and Day 2 will be shown Friday Jan 9 at 6:00 pm PST. Each showing is 3 hours, and they repeat at a few different times over the next few days as well.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great news.Hopefully G4 will present a serious report.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/15495231

I searched Tivo for CES and it revealed that the G4 channel is showing coverage of Day 1 and Day 2. Day 1 will be shown on Thursday Jan 8 at 6:00 pm PST, and Day 2 will be shown Friday Jan 9 at 6:00 pm PST. Each showing is 3 hours, and they repeat at a few different times over the next few days as well.

Thanks Randy.

Too bad G4 isn't HD.

·
Registered
9,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/15495231

If it is anything like last year's reporting, then it won't be anything special.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Why is there no news about Pioneer HDTV displays, yet. There has been a lot of coverage of the new products from Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Sony, Toshiba, and Sharp, but so far, not a peep about Pioneer's next models. Are they even demonstrating Kuro models at this CES event?

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg /forum/post/15498117

I'll be taping the G4 coverage, but usually it's a lot of fluff and garbage.

That's pretty much what i expect as well, but i'm hoping they'll at least have glimpses of the stuff i'm interested in and maybe some info and coverage of the flat panel TVs. I'll probably be doing a lot of Fast-Forwarding on the Tivo.

I remember a year or two back, HDNet had some decent coverage of CES but nothing came up on the Tivo guide for the next two weeks so maybe they're not covering it this year, or their broadcast will be well after CES is over and done.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenland /forum/post/15497554

Why is there no news about Pioneer HDTV displays, yet. There has been a lot of coverage of the new products from Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Sony, Toshiba, and Sharp, but so far, not a peep about Pioneer's next models. Are they even demonstrating Kuro models at this CES event?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...017887&page=12

here you go, they are not

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O /forum/post/15498957

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...017887&page=12

here you go, they are not

Thanks. I had just found a breaking report from PC Mag online stating that they did not have any new Kuro models announced at press conference.

Why the link to my old comment. Are you indicating that I may have been on target, when I wrote that?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts