AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a projector and it seems like the Ruby, the Pearl and the RS1 are the ones to get. Any owners near me where I can see what these look like at home? I'd be willing to drive up to 4 hours or so.I have a 50" panny plasma now and have never owned a FP. My livingroom walls are currently a mustard brown and I'd be using the FP at night only for movies. I figured I'd have a manual screen come down in front of the plasma for movie watching and then let the screen back up for watching tv on the plasma.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here is what I know about in the Charlotte area:

Freemans in Huntersville/Lake Norman area:

Yamaha 720p in main theater

Freemans in Charlotte

Supposed to have a Ruby or Pearl, can't remember (never went down there)

ZigBee?! (Z something or other) -- Northlake Mall (off I-77, exit 25)

Sony Ruby in theater [bad setup, no idea why]

three other projectors (forget who) are also setup.

Note: they only sell whole solutions, no pieces... but you can see four projectors there.

Sound Systems:

Sim2 D80 any day now?!?!

Best Buy Magnolia (Concord off I-85, just north of Speedway Blvd & Popular Tent)

Sony, but it wasn't running... didn't even see a screen for it but that store is new...

You can also call Tweeters on Independence Blvd, I haven't been there in years...

I'm personally waiting for a tracking number from AVS on Sharp XV-Z20000 ...

Hope that was kind of helpful....

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jeff. So there's a best buy magnolia in concord mills? I've been to the mall recently but didn't notice one. Also, the tweeter on indpendence closed around a year ago. I saw the Ruby at Freeman's on independence but that's out of the running now and I'm down to the pearl and RS1.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdguru /forum/post/0

Thanks Jeff. So there's a best buy magnolia in concord mills? I've been to the mall recently but didn't notice one. Also, the tweeter on indpendence closed around a year ago. I saw the Ruby at Freeman's on independence but that's out of the running now and I'm down to the pearl and RS1.

Best Buy is not at Concord Mills but rather a new strip mall, I don't recall the exit number but it's on Kannapolis/George W Liles Pkwy. It's the second exit after the Concord Mills/Speedway Blvd exit going north on I-85. Top of the exit turn left, cross I-85, take the first left and drive to the end of the plaza road. It's not on Google Maps as they did just open before Christmas (I think). The plaza also has a Super Target and shortly a Dicks Sporting Goods....

I know of no place locally in the Charlotte area to see an RS1 unless there is a member here willing to share...

I gave up on the potential wait of an RS1 and have gone with my original preference of a Sharp XV-Z20000. And, no I didn't get to see the Sharp anywhere either. Innovative Systems used to have Sharp on display but they closed their Charlotte store and Sound Systems moved in... I'm told they still exist and have a place in Mathews but I never investigated any further.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, will have to check out magnolia. Yeah, sound systems in on monroe road near sardis road in a little strip mall.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdguru /forum/post/0

Thanks, will have to check out magnolia. Yeah, sound systems in on monroe road near sardis road in a little strip mall.

The Magnolia portion of the store isn't much to speak about... yes the have some higher-end stuff but I doubt it's worth a drive from Shelby unless you really want to see or buy something (ie; Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray). Maybe there is a screen for the Sony they have hanging and I just missed it, the projector was pointed at a wall of speakers.

Just a reminder that this weekend and next are pure NASCAR in this area... All Star race this weekend and Coca Cola 600 next weekend. If you must visit that particular Best Buy I would suggest as an alternate route you go I-77 North to exit 25 (NC-73) and then go east to Kannapolis Parkway. During these coming weekends we just stay away from I-85 & the Concord Mills/Speedway area, well except for maybe CTC Pole Night .....

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, will mark them down as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.