AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Fellas, Im thinking of selling my qsc rmx2450, and replacing it with an inuke3k.  I wanted to ask any of you who have this amp and are running it stereo, 2 ohm........has it ever shut down / went into protection mode on you?

The qsc is selling for about 500 on ebay, and i have a local authorized behringer dealer who can get me a 3kdsp for 220.  Im thinking i could sell the qsc, buy the behringer to replace it, and then have about 300 left over to either put towards a darbee, if i like it after i test it out, or to save towards the si 24 inch sub, for a down the road upgrade.  ( im thinking i could lay the vertical marty down and put the center on top of it, and then build a similar, but taller marty enclousure with the 24, in the corner of the room ).  

the qsc puts out about 1200 watts per channel at 2ohms, and im pretty sure thats rms.  The inuke 3k claims 1500 max x 2 at 2 ohm, so rms should be about 1125 ( 1500 x 75% ).  So all in all, pretty comparable.  

The QSC has been bulletproof for me, and I want to make sure that if i do this, I'll end up with comparable power/reliability.

So fellas...thoughts on this one?  I'd love to hear from 3k owners as to whether your amp has ever shut down at reference level volumes ( because my qsc never has )?  Or, if you'd consider yourself a DIY speaker  / sub expert, and have an opinion on this...please share.

ps- i was originally thinking inuke 6k, but then i found out it wont do a 2ohm load.  kinda weird right....the cheaper 3k does, and the more expensive 6k doesnt. 

And finally, 2 pics to show what im currently working with....

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I am running 2 Martycubes on one 3000DSP, in stereo mode, DI 18 D4s wired for 2 ohms, and have never had any issues or shutdowns. I don't always listen at reference levels for long periods, but I have gone past reference a couple of times when I was just showing off with friends.

I should add that I ran reference for about half of the Police Concert Blu Ray and about twenty minutes of the Eagles Farewell Tour. Amp was not even running hot.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp  /t/1526975/anyone-running-a-inuke30...on-feedback-requested-thx/0_100#post_24598339

Oh , the darbee will make a bigger difference then the 24". Every movie and tv show you watch is better . Just love it.

I dont know Donny.....

The darbee has its die hard fans, and then it has it's haters....that's why i want to see one for myself.  A local forum member has one and is going to bring it over and let me try it with my setup....pretty awesome of him.  

The 24 on the other hand.....can you imagine, what that beast would look like in a vertical full marty both wider and a foot or 2 taller.  I think i read in the east coast gtg thread that 15 cubic feet is optimum.  I could easily put that in the corner of my room, even though the enclosure would block my movie posters.  I think i also read that the 24 displaces more than 2-3 18's ( dont remember exactly ).  Anyhow, that's down the road type stuff.  

ps- im listening to pandora downstairs, and lil jon's " turn down for what" is on.....OMG, my house is crying....crazy bass!  ps- if you havent seen the video, check it out on youtube.....damn funny!

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
All that I know is that my tv is 20% better at least. There's audiophiles who think anything other then direct stereo is a sin. I eq the shiit out of my system. To me the point of home theater is tweaking my system exactly the way I want. I couldn't care less if someone came over and said the picture looks off.

Your current system can hit reference bass on anything you hear. The only thing the 24" has is the cool factor. Your hard earned cash so ignore everything I say :beer:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp  /t/1526975/anyone-running-a-inuke30...guration-feedback-requested-thx#post_24598339

Oh , the darbee will make a bigger difference then the 24". Every movie and tv show you watch is better . Just love it.

Time to hijack this thread. As far as the darbee goes, does that work with any kind of tv. I have a DLP for now but plan on getting a plasma in the near future. Is this something that I could carry on over. My receiver is supposed to upconvert everything to 1080p but its a joke. I run hdmi to my receive from the PS3, Xbox, Directv, etc then to my tv from the HDMI out on the receiver. So would the darbee go between the out of the receiver and the tv or do I need one for every piece of equipment?

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
You have one input and one output with darbee. I run my pvr to the input and output from oppo to preamp. Then from preamp to tv. If you stream everything from oppo then it works great.

The darbee has a split screen demo mode . When you come up for the GTG just drop by.my place and I can show you.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dave,

Check out the videos on YouTube if u haven't already... In some cases there are some pretty significant improvements and the videos will show this, along with the split screen thing Donny just mentioned..

·
Registered
6,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna1466u  /t/1526975/anyone-running-a-inuke30...guration-feedback-requested-thx#post_24598588

Sounds good. In my case them i run everything through my receiver so I would put it from receiver to darned to TV. Does it improve image on all tv types? Like with my dlp?

Google it . I don't know. If i had to guess I'd say yes.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna1466u  /t/1526975/anyone-running-a-inuke30...guration-feedback-requested-thx#post_24598588

Sounds good. In my case them i run everything through my receiver so I would put it from receiver to darned to TV. Does it improve image on all tv types? Like with my dlp?

You would want to put it after the receiver for input to Darbee then the output to TV. I have tried my Darbee on DLP, LCD, and DILA and it works great on all of them. It's like it removes a veil that was previously on image.....it makes a nice improvement and it is easily worth the money.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts