AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on this board says that they are going to be for sale as a 'test', but cannot disclose the selling locations.

Any sightings will be appreciated....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Doesn't seem to be available at any stores in the Phoenix, AZ area. I'm starting to wonder what was meant in the other thread by "available in SOME Best Buy stores [this week]". What's "some"? Two? Three? :)

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Why not post the store locations that will stock the new LG HD PVR? They would get flooded with customers for it, free advertising here in effect - why keep it a secret?! Either that or its just another false rumor, which I suspect since Best Buy has never carried Zenith/LG stuff before - Circuit City has so I'd expect them before Best Buy.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Quote:
Why not post the store locations that will stock the new LG HD PVR? They would get flooded with customers for it, free advertising here in effect - why keep it a secret?!
That sound like a good idea from a consumer perspective, but the store(s) in questions may not be able to handle the volume just yet. It would cause more harm than good to send 20+ people to one or two stores if they only plan on stocking a couple of units.

Quote:
Either that or its just another false rumor, which I suspect since Best Buy has never carried Zenith/LG stuff before - Circuit City has so I'd expect them before Best Buy.
Not a false rumor, 100% verified from a very reliable poster! Not too many people have carried LG seeing as how they really just started marketing in the US under the LG name. Both stores carried Zenith products so them carrying LG goes in line with that fact.

I'd like to know also. I'd venture to guess that the major cities that are test beds are the usual cities, NY, LA etc. I would also have someone check local MN stores as this is where Best Buy's HQ is.

I'll report back from Cincy later tonight.

UPDATE: I checked here locally, they didn't have any in stock, but I had one of the guys check the system and they have them in the 'system' with a date of 1/27/04 (today). None of the Best Buys in my area had the unit in according to the 'system'. If anyone is interested the Best Buy SKU/ITEM number is 6287047 with an MSRP of $999. Someone with more time might have an associate check all the regions/stores with that SKU number and see what they come up with.

Troy

·
Registered
269 Posts
From asking around, and personal observations...

I have not seen any LG branded products at Circuit City, only Zenith brands.

Best Buy has been carrying both Zenith and LG brands (and even some Goldstar and Allegro) for monthes now. I have heard that Best Buy will eventually carry all the LG and Zenith products. They already seem to have the refrigerators and washing machines covered. It seems to be slower for the home theater stuff. From reading that the LST-3410 is showing up soon, it seems closer. Crossing fingers, I want one of these BAD!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
As posted in another thread, most BB receive their shipments on Tues. and Thurs. At least that is the way it is here in W. PA and E. OH The best time to check would be this weekend.

Or, many thanx to Troy LaMont for the info, go to your local BB and have them enter the SKU#6287047 to see if it is in the system. Something tells me that both BB and CC are going to make this model widely available to everyone. Just a feeling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.