AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engadget /forum/post/0

The other addition to the line is the PJD6220-3D DLP projector, an updated (or at least renamed) version of the company's existing PJD6220, illuminating 1024 x 768 pixels at 120Hz and a respectable contrast ratio of 2000:1. The projector is due next month for $1,499, while the VX2265wm drops in the next few weeks for a rather more reasonable $399 -- another stat that happens to match Samsung's offering.

2,000:1 is a respectable contrast ratio?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I lol'ed at that comment too. Might have been 3 years ago, but then again look at the lumens its putting out 2200. It's a shame its not a native 720p projector even

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
It's specifically for gaming and my son has been looking for such a device for 9 months. This is not your home theater projector.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevivoe /forum/post/15506227

It's specifically for gaming and my son has been looking for such a device for 9 months. This is not your home theater projector.

If you end up buying one please let me know how it performs. I have been researching 3d and apparently need a silver screen for the polarizing to work properly with dual projectors. Not sure if you need that for a shutter glass setup though.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well since its geared towards pc gaming the whole widescreen aspect radio really isn't a deal breaker if you look at it that way. I think most of the cheaper silver screens are 4:3 anyway. Da-lite I'm assuming just released a "3D virtual grey" screen http://www.electronichouse.com/artic..._delights/C157

I'm contemplating buying the viewsonic and a da-lite 3d screen to place behind my stewart. I think whats really stopping me from doing this is the movies not being released yet in real 3D. Must force myself to wait!! lol

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817...069TX1K0001121

found a article on it which states it uses TI tech same that's in projection design's pj and in theaters. So Hopefully they start releasing movies off this tech then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts