AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Marantz 11-s1 has the Genumm 9351 vxp chip inside and I was wondering if it even makes sense to use any of the new generation video processors with it, currently I have a lumagen HDQ which I disconnected because when connected to the toshiba A2 screws up the colorspace so Im running the A2 directly to the hdmi input of the Marantz, watched king kong in HD today and looked sharp ,crisp and pretty clean so aside from switching capabilities and sdi input of the lumagen do I really need a scaler anymore?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I don't think so. The Gennum VXP is one of the best scaling chip out yet.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what I was thinking so thats what started me thinking if I really needed it or not aside from switching capabilities, maybe I can sell the HDQ and upgrade my Anthem D1 to a D2 and get a scaler,hdmi switcher and be able to handle all the new audio and video formats over hdmi,,,decisions decisions...

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
If you have the D1, other than HDMI switching it, would make no sense to get the D2. It adds the Gennum processing that you already have in your projector. That's an awfully expensive option just for HDMI switching. If I were you, I'd just run multiple cables into the PJ, or find a standalone dumb HDMI switching device.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The D2 upgrade allows me to run the new hd audio formats without any audio dropouts that most are experiencing, the uprade will only cost me 2k, I dont know any solution to date that will do what this upgrade will do for that price

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Toshiba A2 doesnt have 5.1 analog outputs Im afraid that they will continue going this route with their less expensive hd players

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.