AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on Boxlight projectors in general and on the 13-HD in specific.

Any comparisons to the Sanyo PLV-60HT?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is an OEM Sanyo 60HT with different video processing and scaling firmware. I would recommend an outboard scaler/HTPC with any projector on the market so the premium they want for the 13HD over the 60HT is, IMHO, wasted money.

It is white though, which may help the WAF.

-Ted

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well those reviews are suspect anyway, that site is a subsidiary of boxlight anyway.

I don't care about the color (it will be hidden from view anyway) so it looks like I'll still be leaning towards the Sanyo.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have installed the Cinema13-HD and can attest to its capabilities, it is a great projector. You can't go wrong with it especially with the service and support provided by Studio Experience.

Dave

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
It is an OEM Sanyo 60HT with different video processing and scaling firmware
Is the processing/scaling firmware noticeably better on the 13-HD vs the 60HT? I've seen generally a difference of $600 between the two and the price for a iScan Pro for around $700...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by imlucid

Is the processing/scaling firmware noticeably better on the 13-HD vs the 60HT? I've seen generally a difference of $600 between the two and the price for a iScan Pro for around $700...
Well, my 60HT internal scaler stinks, so any improvement would be a big improvement. I don't trust internal scalers/processors, period... so for me it really doesn't matter what they did with the 13HD, I'd still get a external video processor (it also cuts down on the number of cables I have to fish through my ceiling to the projector).

I'd take that $700 and invest in an HTPC or put a down-payment on a Rock+ or Faroudja NRS.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
It is an OEM Sanyo 60HT with different video processing and scaling firmware
I got an email from projectorpeople.com saying:
Quote:
Kevin,

Direct from the Sanyo manufacturer of both models. There is NO DIFFERENCE between the two units.

Sanyo PLV 60 $4649. Your price this month $4,500 delivered!

Call me!

Rich Morgan

Senior Sales Rep

Projector People

1-800-509-2602x2239
[email protected]
So I guess I have two conflicting reports...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.