AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Greg:

I'm also interested in this projector and have posted several inquiries on AVS. But as of this morning Optoma still has not added the 755 or 753 to its products page. If the unit is really available, why haven't they updated the website? In any case, I've put off any projector purchase until these models become available. They seem to offer so much, at what should be a very attractive price.

Mike

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm also waiting for a review of the Optoma EZPro 755. The specs look pretty good on paper. Bright 2000 lumen DLP (I'm not considering any thing below 1500 lumen), contrast rating 800:1, a quiet 32db noise level, and to top it off, it uses Silicon Image's second generation Sil 504 chipset for progressive scan. Just wondering it's real-life performance.

Come to think of it, I'm still waiting for full reviews on 2 other projectors before I make my decision. One is the Sanyo's XP45, and the other one is Hitachi's SXGA CP-SX5500W LCOS.

I've been keeping an anxious eye on them for a little while, and haven't heard anything so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did see the 753 in action at a local home show. It looked like a greyhawk screen. I did not spend alot of time there but from what I could see it looked like a very nice image (considering the less than perfect viewing conditions). I think it was approx 85" diagonal screen size, from what I was told. I tried to look for the pixels (sreendoor) but I found myself at 2 feet before I could see them. I also liked the econo mode (1200 lumens) at 3000 hrs. Looked like a good, possible future projector for me!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Couldnt see a pdf on the US site, but the uk site has one
ftp://194.217.195.134/PDFs/EP755full.pdf

small pdf that basicly says the same info as the web site :( what hopeing for more details.

Here ares the spec for those to lazy to look.

2000 ANSI Lumens High Brightness EP755

True XGA,1024 x 768 Addressable Pixels - EP755

Single 0.7" DLP Panel

1.2x Zoom lens

Contrast Ratio: 600:1 (Full On/Off) 300:1 (ANSI Checkerboard)

Uniformity: 90%

Displayable Colours: 16.7M

Color Temperature: 7500°k (6000°k - 9000°k)

Lamp Type: 200 watt UHP lamp

Lamp Life: 2000 Hours to 50% survival (Typical)

Projection Lens: f= 28.8 ~ 34.5 mm, F/2.44 ~ 2.69

Zoom Factor: 1.2X, Manual

Projection Screen Size: 22 “ to 305 “ Diagonal

Projection Distance: 3.7 ft to 40.6 ft/ 1.14 m to 12.4 m

Throw Ratio: 2.0~2.5(Projection Distance/Image Width)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

First time poster. Long time lurker.

I wanted to revive this thread to see if anyone on the forum has had a chance to check out these projectors...

I've been looking for a 3k to 4k XGA - DLP projector. I'm planning on building an HTPC to go with it...

I had previously been zeroing in on the NEC LT-150z -- but as far as I can tell it's going to have too short a throw distance for my needs. (I'm looking at a 21 to 22 foot throw for what I hope will be about an 8 foot wide, 16:9 screen.)

So, any reviews..?

Any other suggestions for me..?

Any and all comments much appreciated...

P.S. I love this forum... There is almost too much information available here -- And I mean that in a good way... I think.

Cope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.