AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have CRT projectors that I use for parts and testing I don?t have much working place, so I had to carry the beasts in and out from my storage room for testing and things like that.

And for most people that aren?t weightlifters ore similar, it?s really killing the back..

So I had to come up with a solution, and I did it?s perfect fore me.

See the attached picture.

Just flip it up on the side and roll it away!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes! they are just taped on with very strong double sided tape.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Simple, effective and efficient. Excellent engineering.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
That's a nice looking floor you have there!

And a nice big heavy metal box with all sorts of sharp edges and screws sticking out....

You're pretty brave. :)

Great idea. I usually enlist the help of a friend when I'm moving things around.

- David

·
Registered
435 Posts
Excellent idea. I had to modify by hand truck with padding (more like towels and small throw blankets) to move mine around.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I push it on the floor on its wood stand, and hire movers to move it around in larger increments than that. :D

The movers don't like me very much.

I noticed on my BD808 today that it might be possible to screw the wheels into the case where the plastic shell sides screw in, but this might damage the screw holes if a wheel were ever to become stuck on carpet and it were pulled out.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Very nice.

If I had the time and money, I'd build some kind of upside down 'lazy susan' type carousel so that I could drop a chassis into place on my workbench, then pulley the projector to the ceiling when not in use..:)

Curt

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes! it's a very simple solution thats why i like it, it took me about 10 minutes to attach the wheels.

I could have made something to lift it with but as you say, if i had the time and money!

The time and money i use on my BG1209s and watching movies, luckily it's up in the ceiling and thats a real back breaker.

But as everything else i had to modify it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.