AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a quote from MS for about $60 to fix my original xbox with a bad HD. I got curious and disected the xbox so now I'm wondering if that quote from MS was for a sealed unit.... anyone know? I put it together right but wonder if they'll flame me for breaking the seal (4 feet and seal that covers one of the other screws). Think this will be a problem? MS didn't ask if it had been messed with, just that they'd go through and fix whatever is wrong with it and give me a 3 month warranty.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDotCom /forum/post/0

So I got a quote from MS for about $60 to fix my original xbox with a bad HD. I got curious and disected the xbox so now I'm wondering if that quote from MS was for a sealed unit.... anyone know? I put it together right but wonder if they'll flame me for breaking the seal (4 feet and seal that covers one of the other screws). Think this will be a problem? MS didn't ask if it had been messed with, just that they'd go through and fix whatever is wrong with it and give me a 3 month warranty.

I opened my Xbox and they told me it was going to cost 150.. Don't know about the 360.. But if the seal has been broken then all warranties are gone..

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 /forum/post/0

I opened my Xbox and they told me it was going to cost 150.. Don't know about the 360.. But if the seal has been broken then all warranties are gone..

Thanks... by the way the quote they gave me was considering the warranty had expired.... so I wonder if the seal breakage is an issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.