AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have. I once bought 10 of them to see how they were. They burnt okay on my Pioneer A03 drive, and they worked flawlessly in my DVD-rom, and Skyworth 1050P. But on my older Pioneer 606D, I had some picture breakup at different place.

Roger

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Hi forum friends!

Me again, on my unending quest for cheap and reliable double sided DVD-Rs (400 of 'em!).

Has anyone tried these?

http://store.yahoo.com/cd-recordable...40mindoub.html

TIA.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Roger,

Thanks for the feedback - this means that I could try a few: I mean to get a Pioneer A04 to burn them with - so far so good. My only worry will be whether they can play back on my Kenwood 5900M changer. If not I guess I can always pop them into the Skyworth...

Cheers,

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi,

I bought 20 of these discs. They have the same error rate as the single-sided discs (at least my batch did). Less than half of them burned both sides without any problems on my E20. The other half had at least one defective side. Again, this was a really early batch, so I'm guessing they've gotten the manufacturing process better.

Matt

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Brett,

Sure, no problem. Glad to be of help. I suggest you only get a few, because as you probably have read before in other post... quality control at cdrecordable.com ain't all that great. It's a crapshoot. You might get lucky and get flawless one. Or you might crap out and get... well... crap.

I'd say 10-20 as a test is a decent amount. Not close to your 400, but at least you can see how they are and not lose that much.

Roger

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Hi Roger,

Thanks for the feedback - this means that I could try a few: I mean to get a Pioneer A04 to burn them with - so far so good. My only worry will be whether they can play back on my Kenwood 5900M changer. If not I guess I can always pop them into the Skyworth...

Cheers,

·
Registered
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jotarou
Hi Brett,

Sure, no problem. Glad to be of help. I suggest you only get a few, because as you probably have read before in other post... quality control at cdrecordable.com ain't all that great. It's a crapshoot. You might get lucky and get flawless one. Or you might crap out and get... well... crap.

I'd say 10-20 as a test is a decent amount. Not close to your 400, but at least you can see how they are and not lose that much.

Roger

I bought 10 about 2 months ago. No problem whatever on my Pioneer DVD-RW, but your DVD player needs to be able to read DVD-R. Fortunately, I have a Pioneer DVD player which reads both DVD-R and RW. Usually I just use the HTPC for playback anyway, I've never seen any skips.

I douby quality control at cdrecordable is the real problem, it's probably the player (but that's IMHO).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.