AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in this for the story, but held off on the Xbox version because of the controls & slowdown. I think it was suppose to be released yesterday or today for the PC.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Of course I tried it on the Xbox and that was enough for me. The dated graphics, too many cutscenes, and other stuff was enough to send this back to gamefly the following day.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I actually decided to give it a shot on the X-Box, and while it could've used another six months of bake time, I have to say that I'm glad I played it. The story was great, and when the game worked, it worked REALLY well. Yes, it has its share of bugs, and the flick targeting system is annoying as hell when it's not working right (locking onto things it shouldn't when you're just walking around), but if you're willing to overlook those issues and enjoy the game for its story and its gameplay innovations, it's worth the used game price (or rental fee). The sense of powering up over the span of the game's story is fantastic as well.

I loaned it to a friend after I finished it, and he had pretty much the same impression I did. Both of us enjoy immersive, story-driven games, and I think this one's pros outweigh its cons. I'd like to see the sequels come out (it's a planned trilogy) with a level of polish this game didn't have.

Perhaps the PC version is in better shape. If so, I'd say go grab it. Even if not, frankly I think it's worth the playtime if you enjoy deeper-than-average games.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.