AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a Radio Shack 5 foot bar antenna in the attic but signal kept coming and going every couple minutes. I don't want an antenna on top of the TV. My uhf stations are 55 degrees apart.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
Try a 4bay bowtie/screen antenna pointed in the middle - it can handle a 60 degree span for UHF. Depending on the building materials, the attic might be weakening or bounching the signals severely. Try the antenna outside for comparison. You may have a multipath problem too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I actually installed a Silver Sensor in attic yesterday . .coupled with a low power amplifier and FM trap and am now getting significantly better results. With the variable gain on the amp, notice better results with less gain used. . .wondering if the "next level" might be enjoyed using a pre-amp instead . . .(such as the ChannelMaster 7777)??

·
Registered
924 Posts
If you are putting it in your attic then the next level might be an 8 bay or 4 bay with a 7777 preamp. The silver is a primo antenna for the set top but if you are in the attic then you can step up to a real antenna that should easily outperform a set top type, then maybe someday you can put it outside and really boost your signal.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I've had a silver sensor OUTSIDE on the chimney for a year and a half.

It works pefectly, I get ALL of the locals, including the one VHF Ch11

DTV's, perfectly. Not being designed for outdoort use, it works well and won't last forever. Ok, but that is the price for perfect reception!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.