AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There've been a couple of new ffdshow-alpha releases the past week, the latest one dated 04/24. Has anyone tried them? Any improvements in quality and/or performance?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Goi,

The new version seem to work fine for me, but you must install ffvfw as well or the control panel will not work.

It seems just a bit faster as well.

Using a P4 with Zoom Player, WinDVD Platium 4.5 Video filter. AC3 audio and Reclock.

Regards,

Owen

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weird, I didn't install ffvfw but it still works, the control panel's there too.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmn, I tried the new ffdshow on my HTPC(was using my main PC as a testbed first and it worked) and I can't seem to get any image at all when using ZP with ffdshow. The filter properties list ffdshow, but there's no video, just audio. I've already enabled "Raw Video"(Allow All) in the Codecs window, as well as "Use Overlay Mixer" and my usual codecs.(divx, xvid, etc).

I tried unregistering and reregistering too but it still didn't work. Am I missing out on something? Why isn't there video?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perhaps its a menu navigation problem, because I tried switching titles and chapters, and I was able to get video, so maybe its not so much the video as it is the root menu? I'm not sure, just a shot in the dark...

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
When I tried it, the DVD skipped past the studio warnings and went straight to the root menu, but when I selected an episode of DS9 the menu did not switch, but the audio did. Go figure!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.