AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried connecting a USB-to-Ethernet adapter (e.g. Netgear EA101) to an Ultimate TV receiver to see if it is recognized? It might just work, especially after the latest software update. Why not risk the $29?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have not tried it, although I am anxious to hear if it works. I'm interested because I would like to save my recorded content to hard drives on the PCs on my home ethernet network. I don't care about it for the Web unless they can give me 1280x1024 resolution!

------------------

Doug S

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Tried it here and no dice. Did not recognize anything connected to the port. I believe the port is totally disabled at this time.

Ed

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by glstewart:
It might just work, especially after the latest software update. Why not risk the $29?
Wait, was there a software update since the one from early this month?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Think he is referring to the single update thus far.

UTVInsider also somewhat confirmed that Ethernet is in the plans, but no where near the top of the list.

Ed

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
the port can be used with a keyboard. as an fyi, you'll need a driver update to the UTV to get the USB--Ethernet link working, and I'm sure that IF they every do it, there will be a limited number of 'approved' USB--Ethernet products that will be supported...

------------------

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.