AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try to match a paint to 6500K and some degree of grey using a Kodak 18% reference card fed into the colorimetry machine in a good paint shop?

·
Premium Member
7,212 Posts
I'll try it. Where do I pick up such a Kodak card? A local photograpy supply? I'll try Home Depot. They've been very good with other matches.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Good photo shop - R-27 card - should be $10-15.

Make sure it is in Kodak packaging. You should not have to look far; but it has to be a good photo store (not Walmart photo, etc.)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I have the 18% grey card and tried matching by eye to the various shades of grey at Home Depot. The paint was for my walls and ceiling. I ended up using Behr "Slate Ridge" Grey. Not close to the 18% grey as it is darker but I wanted to err on the dark side vs the light side for my walls and ceilings.

Just yesterday I took down my temporary large sheets of white paper that I used to temporarily converge my BG808s and also to begin to mount my DIY screen. I projected on the wall painted "Slate Ridge" and the picture didn't look half bad of course the bright scenes were not bright at all but entirely watchable for short durations. In no way would I recommend this as a permanent screen.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got a pretty good match using my Kodak 18% grey card at Lowes. Here's the post where I have the formula:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=138339

I painted my screen wall with it and hung my DaLite HC Da-Mat perm wall screen. The wife really likes the dark grey color, by the way. :) The jury is still out whether we're going to paint the rest of the room.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.