AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well was wondering if anyone tried these drivers for the X-Mystique 7.1 or X-Plosion sound cards?

Quote:
This project aims at writing WDM sound drivers for the C-Media 8738 / 8768 chips.

One of the key aspects is to support bitperfect digital output. Currently, this works for 16 bit sound streams with 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz sample rate using DSound/WaveOut/kernel streaming.

Drivers can be found here http://cmediadrivers.googlepages.com/home

and the forum discussing them drivers are located here http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...howtopic=49350

If you try them out let us know the results from your testing. I would like to know if these are better than the crap drivers released by Auzentech.

· Registered
36 Posts
I'm the author.

First off, you lose the Dolby/DTS encoding capabilities if you use my drivers. The encoding happens entirely in software, and you are paying the extra money for a bit to switch in the official drivers. I bet that it's possible to persuade the official drivers with a few patches to enable the DTS encoder on regular cmedia soundcards.

Anyhoo, my drivers are meant for bitperfect SPDIF in-/output in the first place. They're a lot slimmer and sleaker than the official ones, they are very stable and they work very well on Vista x86.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As in coaxial output use only correct. Not analog because that is what I use to my 6.1 Surround system. But I notice the new bugged drivers released by Auzentech also breaks EAX for the gaming so I went back to the older drivers. Does EAX still work with your drivers also?

· Registered
36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaac /forum/post/0

Does EAX still work with your drivers also?

EAX is closed source, so no. You will get 3D sound with my drivers through DirectSound3D, but you will not get the additional EAX effects.

I might add that the hardware acceleration for DirectSound3D has been dropped from the Vista kernel, and the hardware acceleration is only available through the OpenAL API on some Creative cards which most games don't use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.