AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Men of Honor and Galaxy Quest were the ones I had in mind, maybe others if the swap looks attractive enough -- wanted to keep the established "value" roughly analogous -- but not really mandatory.

What does anyone else have?

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
I have X-Men, Terminator 2 and U-571, but I already have the titles you have for trade.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
How about a Santa Clara Valley H.T. forum Club with D-VHS and DVD swapping? We could meet once a month where they sell D-VHS. The new member (who doesn't already have any tapes like me) buys the new tape to have something to swap.

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Emaych
Hi hobbs47,

Interested in either Men of Honor or Galaxy Quest for X-men?
hey,

nah,that`s ok.didn`t care for either of those flix.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Anyone interested in simply selling titles?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I've got "Ninth Gate" and "Planet of the Apes" for swap. Private Message me with your list of trades and let's see what we can do.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Bump.

Anyone want to trade for a copy of "Ninth Gate" on D-Theater?

I've seen it a couple of times already.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And I still have Galaxy Quest available -- come on lets see some real movement here! We have the opportunity to beat the high prices and rental fees and make this a real brisk, bustling enterprise where we can all benefit, but so far it's a little lethargic -- how about I agree to buy one, you agree to buy another , we watch, then trade?

OR I'll pay $20 for Ice Age or True Lies or.......?

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Problem here is that the tapes are so expensive that most people buy what they want to keep. I do (for the most part).

Daredevil is the only tape I have I'm willing to part with.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$20.00 for DD! -- I see your point, but if this were really an energetic, broad-based swap arena, people would be less hesitant to buy a tape given the certain knowledge that they could easily swap it out at a later juncture if it failed to meet needs. I guess almost everyone is just waiting for the format to die including JVC -- that would be a shame -- I am having grand fun... but yes, tapes ARE TOO EXPENSIVE to go very far into it -- so LET'S START SWAPPING! $20.00 for DD!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I have X2 brand new never viewed. I think i have an extra copy of Moulin Rouge as well. new never viewed. both shrinkwrapped. I ordered from multiple places and forgot to cancel.

edit: Moulin Rouge is no longer available.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.