AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this transcoder? It goes for as little as $79, about 1/2 the price of other transcoders. Does it work? It was designed for the DTC-100 I beleive, but should work with any VGA device to output component, I would think.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
No, but what transcoder is it? You don't give a manufacturer or model number, I can't even look it up.

- Claus

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the only one RCA makes. RCA VHDC300 VGA to Component. I just searched and they are going for as low as $55 stand alone, or $70 with VGA and component cables.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
It works just fine. I used it for more than a year. I have it somewhere... I need to remember to eBay that and the DTC100.... Thanks for the reminder. :)

Oh, people will tell you it's not a good transcoder. Evidence doesn't back that up in my experience, however. It worked just as well as my Audio Authority transcoder.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
bpearse-

I picked one up on Ebay cheap a couple of years ago just to include with a Proscan DTC-100 clone I was going to sell. It looked fine to me, on a Sony 61" HD RPTV. One thing that might make it 'touchy' with something other than a DTC-100 is that there is a menu setting on the '100 just for the VHDC-300, and the DTC-100 has a reputation for having 'a little different' RGB output as it is.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Where did you find one of these? I'm trying to hook up a CRT (Sony 1272) to the Motorola 6208. Need to go to VGA from 6208, could use Y/Pb/Pr?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Version with cables here for $73. Saw it for $55 at another site just the box, but the link was not working right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.