AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung UN55C7000, and I can't seem to find a guide for this anywhere. I want to run xbmc on my PC in my den, and use it to stream content over my wireless network to my TV. Is this even possible? Wiring the PC to the TV is not an option.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Sure tens of thousands of us and we all hook are computers, xboxes, appleTV's to a TV's generally.

What you want is not possible. you can't get XBMC's GUI on your TV using just your TV.

you need to hook the device to your TV or use a wireless HDMI or HDMI Balun or something like that.

can't comprehend why you can't hook up to HDMI. I have HTPC thats so damn small its velcro'd to the back of a TV hanging on the wall and invisible as an example.

Sean

·
Registered
240 Posts
XBMC has a UNPN server, so if your tv supports UPNP or DLNA then you will be able to stream some movies to it, provided that you can get your TV onto the network.

However most TVs have pretty limited format support. Also you won't benefit from any of the XBMC UI, it will just be a list view.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Parikramatic's Samsung might have extensive native codec support. My 2011 Samsung LN37D550 plays almost everything via direct USB connection and WIFI. For example, I am able to stream 720P MKV files from my PC using WMP12 as a DLNA server.

I have been trying without success to get XBMC to stream video as well. The Samsung recognizes the XBMC DLNA server and can see the video files but none will play. Audio files will play streamed from XBMC to my Samsung. The streaming behavior of MediaMonkey4 Beta is just like that of XBMC. Audio is OK but video will not play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.