AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that a vaccum cleaner won't pull the dust and dirt off the screen, but that's the only way Infocus suggests cleaning it. It would be easier to use compressed air to blow it out. Has anyone tried this? Are there any problems associated with it. Has anyone come up with a better way to clean the screens?

Thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
You're talking about the lamp module filter screens I assume.

I have had good results using a vacuum attachment that has a soft brush on the end of it. If you happen to have one of those old keyboard vacuums they used to sell, that would probably be perfect. But I imagine you could get similar results with a separate clothes brush or other similar soft brush and running the vacuum at the same time so that the dust gets sucked up rather than landing on the bulb.

The screens are metal so they aren't super delicate, but be gentle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would think the danger of using compressed air would be performing the opposite of what you are wanting to accomplish.

Instead of pulling the dust off the screen you might end up pushing some through it.

Do you have one of those crevice attachments? I found that worked really well since it increases the amount of sucking the vaccuum does.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've since talked to Infocus tech support who said compressed air is fine for blowing the dirt off the screens. That's what I used and it seems to have had no ill effects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.