AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an old Denon 5700 receiver with which I am trying to use the Dune Smart D1. I've tried every setting I can think of on the receiver and the Dune to just get 5.1 channel audio on the receiver using the S/PDIF connector from the Dune (PCM and bitstream, 48kHz and 96kHz from the Dune). However, audio only comes through as Direct 2ch on the receiver. I have some lip sync issues in this configuration as well.

Looking at the Denon manual I believe I may be running up against the limits of the old receiver.

I'm wondering if any of you have been successful in using the S/PDIF connector for multichannel audio output to an older receiver and have tips you can share in the event I'm missing something on the Dune...or the receiver.

Thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't have the D1, so I don't know exact settings - but you cannot get multichannel PCM over a SPDIF connection. It only will carry 2ch/stereo.

Bitstream could work, but the D1 has to be set up to do this. There may be settings for downmixing that you need to disable.

Forget the 96K stuff, it will only confuse the issue.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm using Arcam AVR-200 with my D1 and have no problem getting DTS and DD 5.1 over optical. I can't remember exact setting on D1 (and I am far from it at work) but it is the one that leaves everything unchanged - no decoding.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got a Dune BD Prime 3.0 hooked up via optical audio and component video to a Denon 4802R. No problems getting DTS, Dolby Digital, etc. As indicated by the prior poster, I can't recall the precise setting, but it's whichever one outputs the signal unaltered.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. I checked all of my settings again and was able to get it working. I'm not sure where the error was though as I sort of started over. The good thing is that it's working now though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts