AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there using a Stewart microperf/cineperf with a floor mounted 8' CRT? Basically, I'm looking to purchase an electric perf screen to drop down infront of my speakers. I've tried a sample of the Screen Research material, but the lack of gain causes the picture to dim considerably. I'm currently using a 1.3 gain non-perf screen, but I could do with more gain. Question is, what gain microperf to obtain a vivid and dynamic picture without noticable hotspotting etc? I like a bright image, but do not want to sacrifice the 'blacks'.

Projector is Barco G808S. Screen size would be 110' diagonal. Help appreciated! :)

·
Registered
25,022 Posts
I'm using ceiling mounted CRTs with a a Stewart Videomatte 200 microperf screen. This is a 1.8 gain material but the net gain is closer to 1.7 or so. With CRT the gain will not destroy blacks since your blacks realistically can be taken down to nearly zero anyway. In a screaming white screen you can see some uniformity differences from center to edges but not distracting on any video material really. Stewart will microperf other lower gains and do like the Studiotek which is 1.3.

Art

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Art!

You obviously have a brighter source to satart with i.e. two G90's :eek: , but I was wondering what a single 8' would look like on a 1.8 gain screen. Would there be noticable differences to a 1.5 gain screen? Remember, the screen will not be fixed, but an electric dropdown. Oh, what's the difference between cineperf and microperf, videomatte and ultramatte?

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.