AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
i thought the HK 7200 was known for it's AMP section--and thats what most people would be buying it for. Curious as to why you would choose that model and then not use its amps.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have my avr 7200. I recently bought the avr 630 and when I added the anthem amp, the sounds quality did improve. The hights and mids especially did had more debth & fullness. I've since decided to exchange the 630 for the 7200 so as you wrote, I may not need the amp. Right now, I'm doing some research in case I still find the amp beneficial.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Let us know how it comes out. If it is that much better, I'd choose the 525 or 325 for that matter and get basically the same A/V processor, and save some money since you aren't using the amps.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
while it's frustrating to think of bypassing the hk when using an outboard amp, i'd still want the 7200 for the build quality- and the added power for the remaining channels )i'd be using a 2 channel amp, just for stereo) besides, right now with the closeout price for the 7200, it's a great investment. after i receive my 7200 and audition the amp again, i'll post the findings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.