AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The search function showed one post by Cattledog (in the AV7005 thread) who just mentions he (or she?) is using this combo. There is nothing on the web.

Anyone using the AV7005 and MM7055 combo that can report anything?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I have the AV7005 with the MM8003 8 chanel amp. I am under the impression that MM7005 is just a 5 channel version of the MM8003. Anyways, I can tell you I am very happy with this combo for both 2 channel music and HT (I am about 90% HT to be honest). They also look "purdy" together. I am coming off a Denon 4810 which does not have HDMI 1.4. I also recently got a 65vt25 and for 3d purposes I wanted to be 3d ready with HDMI 1.4 equipment. I feel that the Marantz combo is a step up in sound quality over my previous Denon unit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear your happy!

Are you using the 8003 for all the channels, or was the MM7055 not avail when you made your purchase?

I'm close to auditioning the setup, and I was just curious from a users perspective.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
An 8 channel amp actually is exactly what I needed so I bought the combo. I have a 6.1 channel HT set-up and 2 deck speakers so it worked out perfectly. I would have bought the 5 channel Marantz Amp if that is how many speakers I needed to drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts