AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
27,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to know the PQ when using the Channel Plus 5545 / 5525 modulators..

I am looking to change from Comcast to U-Verse... Mainly to save money and am tired of Comcast.

I have 7 TVs through the house of which 4 are watched on a regular basis.. I want to modulate the other 3 TVs with one U-Verse box.

I have the house fully wired to a central hub with RG-6 Coax and Cat5. So, I can place the modulator and box centrally.

I am looking at putting 3 TVs that are rarely used on a Modulator.

Channel Plus 5545 / 5525 so as to use 1 box for the TVs and carry IR.

Anyone have experience with these Channel Plus boxes carrying standard def signals? What does the degradation look like? All TVs to be modulated are 32" or smaller.

Thanks!!!

· Banned
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/15412893

Want to know the PQ when using the Channel Plus 5545 / 5525 modulators..

I am looking to change from Comcast to U-Verse... Mainly to save money and am tired of Comcast.

I have 7 TVs through the house of which 4 are watched on a regular basis.. I want to modulate the other 3 TVs with one U-Verse box.

I have the house fully wired to a central hub with RG-6 Coax and Cat5. So, I can place the modulator and box centrally.

I am looking at putting 3 TVs that are rarely used on a Modulator.

Channel Plus 5545 / 5525 so as to use 1 box for the TVs and carry IR.

Anyone have experience with these Channel Plus boxes carrying standard def signals? What does the degradation look like? All TVs to be modulated are 32" or smaller.

Thanks!!!

These do not do HD.

· Registered
27,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am aware of that.... No problem.

I just wnat ot know if any owenrs of such can decribe the signal degradation and / or any other issues... e.g. if the IR carried through it is reliable, too.

Thanks.

· Registered
2,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/15421874

I am aware of that.... No problem.

I just wnat ot know if any owenrs of such can decribe the signal degradation and / or any other issues... e.g. if the IR carried through it is reliable, too.

Thanks.

When I had Comcast, I distributed my digital cable box (actually, 2 of them) and my VCR/DVD player via Channel Plus modulators. I had no complaints.

If stereo is not a big concern, one of these would be a less expensive alternative to accomplish the same thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.