AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These 4X seem very reasonably priced in the 10-packs but I've only seen a couple of online reviews. Anyone here used them and have an opinion as to their reliability? Or know if COMPUCESSORY is getting their -RW disks from another major manufacturer?

·
Registered
13,240 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For DVD-RW, stick with Verbatim
I'm guessing you HAVEN'T tried the Compucessory yet.

Thanks for the recommendation, anyway. I've never used Verbatim but I've had excellent luck with both TDK and Memorex's DVD-RW. I'm only asking about the Compucessory because I picked up 4 sealed 10-packs at an estate sale this weekend.

·
Registered
13,240 Posts
I'm guessing you HAVEN'T tried the Compucessory yet.
Tried them? I've never heard of them. Have no idea who makes them but it is probably one of the low-tier suppliers like CMC.

The issues with no-name DVD-RW is:
1) will they work with your burner -- the older it is the less likely it will burn them.
2) how many erase/re-write cycles you get before the disk fails -- with no-name disks you are lucky if you get more than 10 full-disk burns that will pass a verify cycle.

You already bought them so you'll be able to find those things out for yourself. I hope you didn't pay more than a couple $$ per pack -- not when a 30 pack of Verbatim is going for $22. Good luck. Don't use them for anything critical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts