AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase the Toshiba A2, and my receiver does NOT have HDMI capability. I am fine with everything being converted to DTS over Optical.

I know that older Sony's were found to be the culprit in the "garbled audio" experience some reported. Possibly older HK ones as well.

I dont want to spend $400+ dollars on a new DVD Player, and find out after that I need to buy a new receiver to enjoy it properly.

Anyone out there using the older Denon AVR-3300, can you confirm if the audio is okay with the A2?

Thanks!

Doug

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have used an AVR-3300 and it works fine with my A1. A friend of mine is now using my 3300 with the x-box add on, and has had no problems either. I would assume that the A2 would be fine also.

·
Registered
370 Posts
3300 is not ideal for the A2 because it does not have HDMI, additionally the A2 lacks 6 channel analog outs. Having said that you will enjoy great audio through the coaxial or optical output. You can enjoy great sound and video now and upgrade your receiver when you are ready. Personally I will be replacing my 3300 with a new receiver in late summer or early fall.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockmonkey2000 /forum/post/0

I have used an AVR-3300 and it works fine with my A1. A friend of mine is now using my 3300 with the x-box add on, and has had no problems either. I would assume that the A2 would be fine also.

Thank you, that was my assumption. I found in the 3300 Manual that it supported the higher bitrate DTS signal, so I had hoped that would be sufficient.

It appears to be the case.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.