AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some difficulties getting the DTC100 to fill the screen of the 503cmx. Everything is pushed right about 2 inches.

I am looking for others that have solved the issue.

Also, how do you stretch the picture when using the DTC100?

Thanks,

-Jym-

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Jym:

I had exactly the same problem with the Sony HD-100 and thought it was the STB's fault. In my case, the picture had bars at the left, top, and bottom. As you say, the picture is shifted to the right. This was using input 1 with a VGA signal from the Sony.

I couldn’t solve it, and went with component instead to input 2. I haven’t used the DTC-100, but think the 503 would always say it’s locked into Full mode because it’s getting a VGA PC-like signal. If true, then you either won’t be able to zoom at all or you’ll have limited zoom available. According to the manual, some zoom modes are enable for PC signals.

You can find lots of info on the DTC-100 in the HDTV Hardware forum.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim. Problem is that the search facility is not working. I know this has been discussed in the past.

Yes it is locking in because VGA. But I think the modes can be done on the DTC100 and then sent to the plasma. Just need to find out how.

-Jym-

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. I modified the raster centering in the DTC100's menu and that fixed it. It's in one of the menu options for display settings or something. Everything's in pieces right now so I can't look it up right away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jym

go into menu, then assistance, then monitor set up, then raster centering. moving the little slide bar should center that baby!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you get into menu? The normal menu does not have the choice Assistance.

-Jym-

·
Registered
569 Posts
Assistance is number 7 in the initial menu. If you don't have "assistance", you might not be running the latest firmware which I believe is A05.10.

To get the DTC100 to center the image and fill out the screen properly -

Setting Menu:Asssistance:Monitor Setup:Retrace Timing:Short Retrace:EIA 770.3. At least that worked fine for me. Howard

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I concur with Howard on all points. You need at least the A04 firmware to do that. It is possible you could dig it out of the Service Menu though. I believe you hold down Info and Down on the box while powering it up. That might get you there, too.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the problem. I have an very old version of firmware. It never has upgraded. I use this with a Dish setup and share the Dish which points at 119. Just to get HDNET. So I never get software updates.

My brother lives about a mile away and has DirecTV. I will bring it over and leave on for the night. Should do the trick.

Thanks for the help.

-Jym-

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks a ton and a half. Extremely bad news but very helpful. I would have wasted an evening or two without the post :).

-Jym-

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I am sure you can get the firmware updated somehow.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am thinking of just moving one of the MyHD boards to the HTPC in this room and giving up on the DTC100. I just wish MyHD or any of the boards did DVI instead of VGA out.

-Jym-

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Will just having the receiver connected with a dish sent the updates to it. Is there a web page that has all the different service codes & other info on it. My mother has Direct TV which i could get the updates from. The only thing is i don't have an access card for my setup due to only using it for OTA DTV, will this make a difference.

Dave

·
Registered
780 Posts
lovebohn: In the past, it has not been necessary to have and access card to receive the downloads for the DTC 100 via the Sat. In the "good old days" the downloads were sent out daily. Then, some months ago, the frequency changed as DirecTV began to download for other set top boxes. It is not clear as we speak as to what, if any, downloads for the DTC 100 DirecTV is still sending. However, it does not cost much to connect to your mothers sat for a while. Or you can sent the box to RCA and they can upgrade the DTC 100 to the Ver. A05.10 for a fee. You may wish to give them a ring at 1-888-901-HDTV to check out cost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.