AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to set up ffdshow with Zoomplayer professional and would apreciate any input from CRT owners as to their preferred settings as I know that they will be different for digital projector owners. Right now I have older versions of Powerdvd and Windvd and Zoomplayer plays fine using either video filter without ffdshow. Once I check to use ffdshow neither one will work. With Powerdvd I get vertical green bars even though the movie continues to play and with Windvd selected the picture freezes immediately. I read that the windvd filters are preferred and that the abstract dmo needs to be changed to zero for windvd to work, but not sure how to do this?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Been there and done that! I did get some help over there and hopefully will be able to solve all of my problems.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
If you want Windvd to work reliably you need Windvd 5 installed properly. Then fire up windvd and enable the abstract dmo thingy.

I just ended up using the Sonic Cineplayer filters, as they work MUCH more reliably with Ffdshow on my system. The picture quality is close enough that I can't tell the difference on a 1251 - and it works 90% of the time.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.