AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit here and I have a Logitech G510 keyboard and a G930 headset. Both of which are now consolidated under Logitech Gaming Software 8.00.

My problem is whenever I put my computer to sleep and wake it up again the LGS freezes and the extra features on my keyboard and headset don't work (LCD screen, G-keys, Dolby surround).

My only solution has been to revert back to LGS v3.06, which doesn't have as many features and doesn't support the G930 at all. Is anyone running a setup like this and if so have you encountered this problems and possibly some solutions?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'd check the logitech forums, i've gotten work-a-rounds there before.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tory40 /forum/post/20902134

I'd check the logitech forums, i've gotten work-a-rounds there before.

I have, and found others with the same problem but no solution yet other than "use the old 3.06 software." Thought I'd try to branch out.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Well, depending on how much you care I'd stop putting the computer to sleep. I don't do it and frankly you don't really save that much in energy costs by doing so. I've had so many issues with Windows in sleep mode and/or hibernation mode that I don't bother with it any more. I've noticed that wear and tear over the years not engaging it really doesn't change.

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts
Been using the G930 headset for months on a daily basis. Every once in a while it will boot and not see the wireless dongle thingie. I just unplug and then re-plug and it usually starts working normal. At worst I may have to reboot. It's a pretty seldom though. Not sure what version I am running on. It was whatever was on the disc.. I guess. I never put my computer to sleep though so maybe you might not want to do that anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To fix many sleep related problems, I have done the following:

Go to device manager

Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers

For each USB Root hub, right click >properties > Power management tab > uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

This has fixed alot of problems for me

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, working alongside another guy with a similar problem on the Logitech forums together we found a way to get the old version of the software working alongside the G930. Still no solution for the wake from sleep issue with v8.01, I went back and forth with tech support to no avail, eventually they gave up and offered me a 35% discount coupon for my trouble.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.