AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you using the Outlaw Pre/Pro and Amp to drive your Rockets? Would this be a good choice. My 5 year old Yamaha DSP3090 has lost a channel and I think it is time to get something different anyway to drive my speakers when they get here? I would love to hear your comments. I am thinking for the 950 pre and the 200 watt 5 channel amp. I have heard good things here and elsewhere about the Denon receivers but would Outlaw be better? Thanks

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I first learn of Rockets on the Outlawaudio.com community board/saloon. I don't have either product but you can find lots of info on the Outlaw boards.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I was driving the basic Rocket Setup (RS-150s (Front and Surrounds), RSC-100) quite successfully prior to my move with a 950/770 combo.

I will be setting back up with the 950/7100 combo driving these same rockets in the new house in the next few weeks.

The solution works very well, and the 770 drove the Rockets up as high in SPL as I could stand with no sense of strain. The one caveat is that due to space limitations in the old room, it was almost nearfield, since the furthest speaker was about 7' from the listening position.

IMO, this combination would be an excellent "budget" seperates system, with the added advantage that you could upgrade the Pre/Pro a few years down the road for upgraded performance / new features, and keep the amplifier investment.

Regards,

·
Registered
711 Posts
My only problem with the Outlaw units is that they look ..er.. "inexpensive." I get that they are budget units.... but budget $2000 units still should deliver some aesthetics. I also think their pre-amp is really dated and they need to come out with a new one.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Black
My only problem with the Outlaw units is that they look ..er.. "inexpensive." I get that they are budget units.... but budget $2000 units still should deliver some aesthetics. I also think their pre-amp is really dated and they need to come out with a new one.
Bad decision IMO for the Outlaws to style their equipment after something you might knock out of a pinata while cruising a Tijuana street fair. I can attest to the amplifiers being beautiful on the inside though. Don't know much about the pre-pro's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.