AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a pair of these Sony CDP-M333ES 400 CD changers working together. Problem is with the primary unit (CD1) custom file memory. The artist name information associated with the CD gets shifted to another CD. So after entering a group of CDs, the artist names I carefully assigned to the CDs will end up all screwed up and I have to reassign them. This happens repeatedly, but only to the master (CD1), the CDs in the slave (CD3) are fine. First I thought it was a static problem, but have come to the conclusion it is a bug of some sort. Seems to occur after a batch of new CDs have been entered and it only corrupts the data from the recent batch.

You would think I have a defective unit, but at least one other user has reported the same problem on a UseNet news group. This is a very frustrating problem as you have to waste time correcting the artist assignments, a very tedious process.

The thought of sending the unit in for "repair" is daunting. Would have to remove over 300 CDs, send the huge unit back, have Sony look at it, and perhaps send back unchanged (if indeed a flaw) and then reload and reprogram 300 CDs.

Anyone else using these units? Hoping someone else can confirm or deny the existence of this bug.

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.