AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
This question has been asked several (many) times. No one has the definitive answer. One member that I can recall took his 30K to a Mits dealer and reported that he recorded "black silence". I called the Mits operations center and was told that the D-VHS must contain the "HAVI" system to work.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I haven't seen it first hand, but my local electronics dealer (HH Gregg) told me they hooked up the 30k to the 65869 and recorded a show in HD with the Mits built in ATSC tuner.

Not sure what to believe until I can experience it for myself. The same guy also told me the 30K had a built in ATSC tuner itself.... hmmm.

Also, you may want to check on the un-official 'authorized' Mits forum http://www.***************.com.

Troy

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Believe it or not, I think Kipp's post is the first positive response we have had to this question; a member actually saw it happen. This despite my being told by Mits "Operations" that the device connected to the MITS Integrated RP had to be "HAVI", or it would not work.

·
Premium Member
11,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only drawback Abe and I noticed was that you could not view the 30k's menu via netcommand/1394. If you had the 30k connected otherwise (component/s-vid or composite) you can view the 30k's menu. Funny thing, way back when I was looking to get the DTC-100, I called Mits to find out if the DTC was compatible with their sets and they told me no. Hhhhmmmmmm. My two DTC's work just fine with my two Mits sets.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Quote:
The only drawback Abe and I noticed was that you

could not view the 30k's menu via netcommand/1394. If

you had the 30k connected otherwise (component/s-video

or composite) you can view the 30k's menu.
Yes, that's exactly what Havi or EIA-775 can do (OSD

over 1394). It looks like JVC was gonna' go with

EIA-775, since that's what is says it's compatible

with on the back of the user manual. In the box

for my new 30K, there's an additional sheet that

replaces the back of the user manual. In that,

there's no mention of EIA-775, so they probably didn't

get around to implementing it (or thought EIA-775 was

a waste of time if the industry was gonna' go towards

Havi).

Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts