Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It was recommended to me that I purchase a Sensar II GS 1000 bi-directional antenna for ota hd. I'd like to hear how it's working for you if you have it.

I'm about 8-10 miles from the broadcast antennae and presently use a RS double bow tie with the Panasonic TU HDS20. I'm wanting to get something up on the roof as the RS antenna doesn't pull the channels in as well as I'd like...takes some adjusting everytime I change stations. Interestingly, it wasn't the case until the trees starting getting leaves this Spring...at least that's my slant on things.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

Wow, wish I had read your post a half hour ago. I just ordered the GS1000, without the amplifier. I've heard when you're as close as we are, 8.5 miles, an amplifier can bring more problems. Now I'm worried a bit about signal loss through the cable, I'll need to run about 50-60 feet.

How did you mount your, on a mast, pole, satellite dish?

Take care,

Bob

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi redgtp,

Man, I just ordered one today. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can cancel the order and let you know. Maybe we could arrange a pickup.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping it works where we are, but I'm open to trying whatever. The main thing is going to get the cable feed down into the house, from there I guess I could try whatever arrangement I need until all stations lock in strong.

What stb do you use?

Take care,

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.