AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a security cam system. I have been doing the research required. I bumped into this complete 4 cam system and was wondering if anyone was currently using this system or cameras, or have installed these. I particularly interested how good the pic is from 30ft to 50 ft. The cams will be monitoring two door entry ways and two gate entry ways. The doors will be 20-30ft away from the cam (I am interested in being able to see faces once they open the door). The gates will be approximately 50 to 100 ft( I would like to be able to read a license plate). I am thinking of buying the 2nd one down on the page (black bullet cams)

Complete 4 Camera - Bullet Quad System

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am pricing the same stuff. As a package, it is a good price if a quad and monitor is important to you. If you don't care about the quad or the monitor, you can get cameras just about anywhere for about $100 each.

I don't think they have sound if that matters to you--a sound kit is another $20 per camera. I haven't had much luck with IR cameras in a 10X10 room, i just ordered a 56 LED IR illuminator to give it a try. If IR is important, you may want to make sure you can return it if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So how is the picture quality using the bullet cameras. Is there any disadvantages to the system I am looking at. The reason I wonder is because this seems to be a very good price and have never had any experience with this type of system. I don't need sound just the basic monitoring cam with a nice clear pic. I think the most important aspects to this project is clarity of picture, be able to recognize a face at a distance 25-30 ft and recognize a license plate approximately at 50-75 ft. All responses are greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.