AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading over at the EventGhost forum that their MCE plugin does not work (or does not work well) with Win 7. Someone wrote another plugin but apparently it only works with Vista MCE IR receivers. I have an MCE receiver on the way that I got off eBay and have no idea if it is a Vista receiver or not.

So I'm wondering if anyone here is using Win 7, MCE IR receiver & EventGhost and how it is working.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Yes, I have. If you ordered the HP Media Center receiver then the Vista/Win7 MCE plugin will work. Most others should work as well.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Over at the EventGhost forum there is a post that says
Quote:
The current MceRemote plugin relies on a dll that won't work on Vista/Win7 unless it is called with elevated privileges.

This is the link for the post:
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/view...php?f=2&t=1789

I got the IR receiver today and tried the MceRemote plugin in Win 7 and it is working. I don't understand why it is working for me when it isn't supposed to.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
The download in the post that you linked to is the working Win7 plug-in. The one that installs with EG (what they call "current") doesn't elevate its privileges.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using the current plugin and it is working. But now I remember that I had to run EG as administrator in order to get EG to save. I guess that running as admin makes the current plugin work.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I tried EG but couldn't get the blasters to work. I'm using IR server suite - it worked on the first try

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmavs /forum/post/18188063

I tried EG but couldn't get the blasters to work. I'm using IR server suite - it worked on the first try

You have to use the Vista/Win7 plug-in linked above for the blasters to work on a MCE tranceiver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using a gyration air music remote control for my windows media center htpc which is connected to my TV via hdmi. I almost love the remote but it has a flaw in turning on the TV I need to do the following;

1. hit TV function

2. hit power button

3. hit PC function button

4. hit live TV button

now I can watch tv

Based on this thread it sounds like I would be able to use EventGhost and an HP Media Center IR Receiver to do the following;

1. Leave remote in PC mode always

2. Hit Power on remote - have EventGhost pick up the power command and do the following

a. Send a power on signal to the TV via the HP Media Center Receiver IR transmitter

b. As a bonus send the Live TV command to mediacenter (I can live without this and just have the HTPC always on Live TV)

Is this possible?

I know it is possible with USB-UIRT and Intelliremote but I'd like to save some $$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts