AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching this forum for past threads on this topic but either I couldn't find any (going by recency) or they're very old. I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate and I was thinking of upgrading to Windows 8.1. Has anyone done this and would like to share their experience?

I'm currently using Windows 8.1 on my home desktop and laptop so I'm familiar with the Win 8 experience.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker  /t/1522361/anyone-using-windows-8-1-ceton-infinitv-windows-media-center#post_24476710

I tried searching this forum for past threads on this topic but either I couldn't find any (going by recency) or they're very old. I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate and I was thinking of upgrading to Windows 8.1. Has anyone done this and would like to share their experience?

I'm currently using Windows 8.1 on my home desktop and laptop so I'm familiar with the Win 8 experience.

Yes, I'm using Win8.1 with an infinitv 4 pcie and WMC. The only catch is you can only use Xbox 360 extenders and you have to have Win 8.1 Pro to installed the additional WMC add-on. Otherwise it works just fine.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I've never upgraded from 7 ultimate to 8.1, but I'm using a Ceton InfiniTV 6 - Eth on my network. I've only installed the drivers and ran the setup for it on my server which is running W8.1 x64 pro w/ WMC. I only really "use" it in XBMC with the serverwmc backend running on the server, but it's been working great now for over 6 weeks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts