AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure the best place to post this, so bear with me. Here's my situation:

I used to have an XBox. I used a Microsoft MN-740 wireless-g adapter to connect my XBox to the internet. I recently got rid of my XBox. I was using my MN-740 (as-is) with my Toshiba XA2 and all was well. Then, I replaced my router, which resulted in a change to the SSID of my network (underscores aren't allowed any more?). Now, my MN-740 obviously doesn't connect to my network, meaning my XA2 does not connect to the internet.

So....without an XBox, how can I configure my MN-740? Does anybody know the default IP address that might allow me to configure the adapter on a PC?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Option 4: Just run a cat 5 cable to your HD-DVD player. If you can get electricity to the HD-DVD player, then you can wired internet as well. They both are wires after all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5977 /forum/post/0

Option 4: Just run a cat 5 cable to your HD-DVD player. If you can get electricity to the HD-DVD player, then you can wired internet as well. They both are wires after all.

I'm trying to avoid running 150 feet of cat5 from my 1st floor office, through my finished basement, and back up to my 1st floor family room.

I think I need to buy a new "PC-configurable" wireless bridge/adapter and get rid of the XBox one.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm still waiting for the next A1 update so I can test my Linksys Gaming Adapter.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You may want to look into the Linksys brand, I have a WRT54G and it works great. Be aware though, the default firmware isnt so hot for blocking sites and such. I had to install a hacked firmware to get things going great (and boost the signal).

If you are going after a WRT54G, also note that the new models (anything after revision 2 IIRC) cannot accept custom firmware or it has limited options in that reguard.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i use the 360 player so I might not be any help but when you connect the A-2 to the internet, it's just for updates right? Is it supposed to connect automatically and grab any updates or do you have to use a menu on your tv to navigate the web. If it's automatic, then just bring your player to where it can connect directly, turn it on and let it sit there for 10 minutes - that possible?

Atleast I'll find out how it works if I'm way off with my assumption

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.