AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 50' Kuro. I am using D-nice's settings. I have tried playing LBP about a dozen times and it looks like crap and gives me a horrible headache. I changed the tv from user to standard and its a little bit better but I still can't play it for more than ten minutes.

I have no idea why this game looks so bad on my TV. Any input would be appreciated.

Jason

·
Registered
859 Posts
Some detail about what you're seeing would help. "It looks like crap" is a little hard to narrow down. Do you know what about it it is that's giving you headaches?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sorry I should have been more specific.

The game is real blurry to the point you can't see the textures of sack boy and some of the background.

I think it's blurry that gives me a headache. None of my other games do this.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The game has motion blur built into it. I have a Kuro also. I know what you mean. It doesn't give me a headache but I don't like how the blur is implemented. It's almost trailing. You stop sack boy and the blur catches up and then cleans up the image. Weird.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Weird. I don't notice this on my Panasonic Plasma... the game is a little "blurry" looking but not enough to even mention.

·
Registered
133 Posts
No problems on my 60" Calibrated Elite

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
What output resolutions do you have selected on the PS3? You need to make sure 720p and 1080i/p are checked off, as LBP is 720p native. If you only have 1080p checked off, the PS3 is going to downscale it to 480p.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i've played this maybe 2 hours total on my 111fd, and using d-nice's settings, i have noticed that it doesn't look as good as it could. i just recently got the PS3 and so far only have lego star wars and lbp. i'll have to double check my settings in the PS3 and get back. will do tonight.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's nice to know it's not just me. I wish I could figure out how to make it better though. The game looks like it would be fun. My wife wants to play it too.

As far as what boxes I have check I am sure it's all of them. I will change it just to 720 and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Just a thought but do you have any post-processing effects turned on? I can't think of one in particular that would do it but you may have a setting engaged that's extrapolating that blur effect or making it more noticeable. Also I have no idea what d-nice's settings are as I do not personally own a Kuro and have thus not researched settings for it BUT I would wager they're meant for viewing Rec. 709 high-def video content. People may argue this with me but I've found on most every display I've had the opportunity to play on and/or tinker with that setting's that make video content look accurate usually make video games look very dull. Perhaps, using your current accurate settings as a base, you should tinker with the video settings on another input memory and compare them and see if you find settings that look better for games; LittleBigPlanet in particular since that's the one causing you grief.

Then again I've never had the opportunity to game on a Kuro, only watch video content. Being that it is the finest consumer display currently available I may be way off.

·
Registered
795 Posts
If you guys have seriously calibrated displays that are meant to play movies at reference video settings, you need to switch to the standard mode on the tv for games and adjust that for when you play games.

I have somehow gotten my Panny to look amazing for movies and games during the day and at night. Something I was never able to do with any of my older Sony HD CRT tube displays. I need to setup the movie mode on mine some day, but I want to paint my walls darker first. Right now they're bright white, so it can't get all that dark during a movie, so I cant pull the whites and blacks as low as they ideally should be.

·
Registered
501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrTAPOUT /forum/post/15526178

I never had any issues on my 5080. No blurring at all to my recollection

+1. It looks fantastic on my 5080!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree that a calibrated set, being by d-nice settings, DVE or professional are going to be for video not gaming.

What mode is everyone using for gaming? I know the "GAME" setting is suppose to have to lag but gives up some picture quality.

I seem to play most of my games in Standard on the PS3.

However with my x360 I use the optimum resolution, which looks best to me, but you loose some of the adjustments. I don't know enough about RGB to change any of them or if they even need changed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the 5080.

I've noticed that the online levels are not a sharp and I just chalked that up to them keeping the bitrate down.

·
Registered
501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJayV10 /forum/post/15533786

Can I ask the people with the 5080 what your settings are?

Thanks.

AV Selection: Movie

Contrast: 34

Brightness: 0

Color: +1

Tint: 0

Sharpness: -8

DRE Picture: Low

Black level: off

ACL: off

Enhancer mode: 2

Gamma: 3

Color temp: low

CTI: off

3DNR: low

Field NR: off

Energy save: off

Orbiter: on

Room light sensor: on

I think that covers the important settings. I started with D-Nice's settings, then tweaked it to my liking from there.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMarg /forum/post/15558773

AV Selection: Movie

Contrast: 34

Brightness: 0

Color: +1

Tint: 0

Sharpness: -8

DRE Picture: Low

Black level: off

ACL: off

Enhancer mode: 2

Gamma: 3

Color temp: low

CTI: off

3DNR: low

Field NR: off

Energy save: off

Orbiter: on

Room light sensor: on

I think that covers the important settings. I started with D-Nice's settings, then tweaked it to my liking from there.

Hope this helps.

I tried your settings. I played for about half an hour. Didn't seem to give me a headache.

Anyone else care to post their settings?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts