AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang. I haven't visited here in a long time, and when I did, I didn't post much. I just read a lot and learned from the gurus here.

Today I need some help diagnosing a Phase Technology Power 10 subwoofer that has stopped working. I'd rather try to fix it myself than send it in. I'm comfortable doing electrical stuff, but not too much once it gets to PC boards, etc. It has been 40+ years since I last took an electronics class...

OK, here's what I know. This is a link to a 1997 Stereo Review of the Phase Tech Octave Power 10. Mine was built in 2002, so I think it is the same. It some specs listed.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4510323/Powe...%2004.1997.pdf

Symptoms: No output whatsoever.

Known:

- Power cord is connected and plugged into a good receptacle.

- Power switch is on

- Auto/On is set to "On", so it is not relying on input to switch it on.

- On/Standby light is green (ON)

- Both fuses are good

- Input is connected to receiver, and CD with lots of bass playing. Nothing has been changed since it worked last week. (I'm assuming the Sub out on the receiver is good. Maybe not a good assumption?)

I've taken out the electronics, and everything looks good. No indication of anything overheating, melting, no hot or smoky smell. All is clean and no corrosion, and the panel has a sealed inside cover.

I disconnected the output from the transformer. I measure 72 VAC across the two outer blue wires, and 36 VAC across the yellow center wire and either outside blue wire.

That's all I've got. I don't know what to check next, which is why I'm here today.

Thanks for any input or suggestions,

Steve

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Verify that the receiver settings have a sub connected. Check that the RCA cable is not defective.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.